Submit your proposal for a symposium or workshop!
The Sports, Medicine and Health Summit (SMHS) offers a new congress and event format that combines sports, health and science. It brings together scientific congresses, such as the congress of the German Society for Sports Medicine and Prevention (DGSP), the congress of the "European Initiative for Exercise In Medicine" (EIEIM), continuing education events, health policy and popular science events, as well as networking opportunities.
The SMHS program committee would like to invite you to submit your proposal for a symposium or workshop. All submissions should be done by 19 July 2022.
The submission should contain the following information:
- Title of session
- Brief description of session (max. 300 words)
- Session format (Scientific symposium, clinical symposium or workshop)
- Title of individual contributions including a brief description of content
- Title, name, institution of the chair and co-chair for the session
- Title, name, institution of the speakers for individual contributions
- Target audience
- Exercise metabolism/metabolome
- Exercise across a lifespan
- Exercise and cognition
- Exercise and mental health
- Exercise/sports therapy
- Physical activity promotion in different settings
- Imaging techniques in sport
- Diagnostics and assessment in rehabilitation
- Dosage and intensity control in training
- Exercise in medicine
- Hypoxia/hyperoxia training
- Inclusion within sports
- Intervention research
- Local promotion of physical activity
- Physical inactivity ("sedentary lifestyle")
- Lifestyle modifications
- Performance diagnostics
- Minimally invasive procedures in sports orthopaedics
- Molecular and cellular aspects of training
- Morphological adaptation in sports
- Personalization of training
- Prevention and therapy of overuse injuries
- Prehabilitation/muscle maintenance
- Psychological support in competitive sports
- Return-to-play after joint and ligament injuries
- Sports neurology
- Sports physiotherapy treatment concepts
- Sports therapy for musculoskeletal diseases
- Technical developments in e- and m-health
- Injuries in sports
- Additional topics
- Scientific symposium
90-minute symposium to present new findings on a topic. The symposium will be led by a chair and co-chair, and should contain a maximum of three individual presentations (3 x 20 minute presentations). Each presentation is followed by approximately 10 minutes of questions and discussions.
- Clinical Symposium
90-minute symposium to present new clinical findings on a topic relevant to clinical practice. The symposium will be led by a chair and co-chair, and should include a maximum of three individual presentations. There should be ample time for questions and a discussion following each presentation. Participants may also be actively involved in the presentations.
Workshops can be offered to scientists, physicians, therapists, coaches, and other audiences. Content may include practical or sports demonstrations and discussion of clinical, practical, or sports policy issues. Interaction with participants* is highly encouraged. If a clinical case discussion is selected, the chair must ensure that the case is of high quality and that appropriate data is available for discussion. Workshops should be scheduled for a 90-minute period and should include no more than three presenters.
- The submission deadline is 19 July 2022.
- The abstract must not exceed 300 words.
- Papers can be submitted in German or English. The presentation will be in the language of submission.
- The submitter of a session is also automatically the chair of the session.
- After the program committee has reviewed all submissions, submitters will be notified of acceptance or rejection by email in August 2022.
- All active participants of accepted submissions (chairs, co-chairs, speakers) will be required to register for the congress and pay the registration fee upon acceptance of the submission.
- No travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- With the submission of a contribution, submitters must provide information about personal relationships with business enterprises and declare possible conflicts of interest. These are usually present if the submitter has an interest in or receives financial contributions from companies.
How to submit
Create a user account, activate it and register with the approriate fee. Payment of the fee can be made at a later date and is not initially required for the submission.
Log into the eOrganiser with your user account . It’s important that you have already registered with a fee. If you have trouble signing in even though you have registered with a fee and received the confirmation e-mail, please delete your browser history and cache.
- Submit your proposal
Start your submission by clicking the button "Submit Symposium/Workshop".